Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Location of Position: Washington, IA
Position Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Primary Job Responsibilities: A team player capable of tackling multiple accounting duties and who enjoys an agriculture environment. Your responsibilities will include data entry and related tasks by entering accurate account information that documents production transactions. The ideal candidate will possess a fundamental understanding of basic accounting principles, be results oriented, and have a willingness to learn and grow professionally. Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs of Brenneman Pork and consistently demonstrates our core values. Other responsibilities include:
- Clerical items such as filing and scanning documents daily.
- Assist with answering phones and greeting guests and vendors upon arrival.
- Provide timely responses to internal and external inquiries.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines.
- Assist with preparation of payables and related reports.
- Assist with preparation and organization of monthly accounting data for the accounting manager. Help to find requested detail for transactions.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Update management reports.
- Provide back-up and additional support to co-workers.
- Reconcile sales and feed imports into production software.
- Assist with production close-out process on a weekly basis.
Skill & Knowledge Requirements:
- 5 years of bookkeeping experience or 2-year associates degree
- Agriculture background preferred
- Strong skill in operating a personal computer and accounting software
- Experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously required
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and ask for clarification when needed
- Superior time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated individual driven to solve problems
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Learning mindset with focus on continuous process improvement
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Brenneman Pork offers a full range of benefits including health care, life and disability insurance, paid time off, and a retirement plan.
Brenneman Pork is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Al employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Our foundation is built on our Core Values
TEAMWORK | INTEGRITY | WORK ETHIC | ACCOUNTABILITY | LOYALTY