Job Title: Feed Order Help Desk Specialist
Location of Position: Washington, IA
Primary Job Responsibilities: Responsible for ensuring proper feed ordering from the Brenneman Pork Feed Mill at the Washington, Iowa location. Team member in this position works within Easy Automation (EAI), Maximus, and Bin Trac software programs. This includes associated apps to receive and place orders. Would also include software enhancing feed delivery and logistics. Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs of Brenneman Pork and consistently demonstrates our core values. Other responsibilities include:
Maximus/Bintrac Bin Set-up & Calibration:
- Work with Maximus, Bin Trac, and EAI on all new site set-ups, labeling, and calibrations.
- Work with EAI on all software updates regarding Feed Batch Pro & Enterprise.
- Work with Field Staff and Feed Mill to calibrate all new or out of calibration feed bins.
- Record and track all issues regarding site scale calibration or operational issues.
- Ensure new sites are set up correctly with Finance Team.
Grower/ Field Staff Relations:
- Own communication and logistics of directing or logistically rearranging orders by priority.
- Experienced with Feed Trackur, understanding feed and driver locations in real time.
- Regularly communicate feedback to Field Staff and Caregivers.
Feed Ordering Desk:
- Efficiently operate within Feed Office Enterprise daily.
- Able to troubleshoot and understand errors occurring within feed ordering and communicate solutions.
- Familiar with sites and capacities, and audit accuracy within site set-ups.
- Work with EAI to set-up maintenance reports and utilize existing reports for accuracy and simplicity regarding bin level readings.
- Run usage and inventory reports as requested.
- Communicate and troubleshoot bin reading issues internally and with corresponding software companies.
- Feed mill audits including toxin sampling and pulsing schedule.
- Daily budget auditing.
- Micron testing of ingredients and complete feeds.
- Track Veterinary Feed Directives.
- Track and monitor feed utilization with sow farms using production software.
- Recommend and lead new innovative software or projects tying production data capture to performance.
- Participate in EAI software installs and Mill software updates.
- Collaborate with Research Department to assist in tracking feed budgeting based on accurately developed growth curve while validating group budget accuracy within feed management software.
- Report Caregiver bin reporting compliance.
- Participate in industry meetings with the Brenneman Pork Leadership team as requested.
- Manage all information of Brenneman Pork as proprietary and with discretion.
Skill & Knowledge Requirements:
- 5 years of experience with agriculture products or grain purchasing required.
- Associate's or higher-level degree in animal science, agriculture, or related field preferred.
- Proven customer service experience required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, competitive team environment.
- Experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to approach all tasks with a methodical and logical plan.
- Self-motivated individual driven to solve complex problems.
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with others.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, for delivery to a variety of audiences.
- Learning mindset with focus on continuous process improvement.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Work extended hours, as necessary.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Brenneman Pork offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, paid time off, and a retirement plan.
Brenneman Pork is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Our foundation is built on our Core Values
TEAMWORK | INTEGRITY | WORK ETHIC | ACCOUNTABILITY | LOYALTY